Tuesday, December 20, 2011

R1P2VLCD16

219.2 (-0.2)

Well, that's better than nothing. One of the veteran HCG dieters on the forum said she builds her day's calories around the meat and the fruit, then fills in the calorie holes with vegetables. I've been doing the meat and veggies and fruit and bread, even if the calories go over. Now that I've started weighing the fruit, I'm realizing how much higher the calories/weight is that I guessed. So I've probably been over by 50 or more calories each day. That's going to affect my bottom line for the round if I keep it up.

So, today I'm trying a new plan today. I'm having an extra protein for breakfast (one egg), and skipping the higher-calorie fruit for now. I have no good reason for this off-protocol change, except that I really wanted an egg for breakfast. And the rest of the day, I'll avoid beef, which I'm getting tired of. It's also higher calories. I think it'll be canned chicken and cucumbers for lunch. Not sure about supper yet. I think I need to go to the grocery store to get some ground chicken and fish and cabbage. I have a couple heads of fennel to use, but I'm not so excited about those. Maybe I should make a soup with them?

Another issue I'm wondering about is the "skip days." Simeons talks about skipping every seventh day when doing a "long" (40-day) round. I haven't been doing that, and most people don't. But if you DO, you can stretch the round out by that many extra days, maximizing the time for loss. I can't do it this round, because I'm traveling starting the first day of phase 3 (yikes). Maybe R2 I'll do the skip days and stretch it out? We'll see. I'd like to finish R3 before my 20-year class reunion in July 2012, and I think I can barely make it with three, 40-day rounds.

Wow, lots of thoughts today. Ramble, ramble.

Breakfast (96):
1 large egg (72)
44 g. strawberries (14)
1 T. milk (10)

Lunch (157):
84 g. canned chicken breast (90)
120 g. cucumber (20)
2 Minigrill whole wheat mini toasts (17)

Snack (70):
1 giant pickle (10)
2 oz. turkey lunch meat (60)

Supper (188):
3 oz. chicken breast (140)
1 cup iceberg lettuce (8)
3 bites tortilla (30)
2 T. salsa (10)

Daily total: 511

No comments:

Post a Comment